Thursday 25 August 2016

Home again!

THURSDAY: From the jungle to Luton
 
We were up early-ish again this morning. The tent was on a slope and I woke up curled up in a ball at the end of it. We had our breakfast on the bench and noticed another tent very near. I asked the man in it if he'd lost some money last night. He said yes and a compass too.
 
 
9.19am: About to start the final day's walk.
It was still really steamy as we were getting ready to go. Maybe it was the low cloud we'd camped in.

9.37am: Misty morning.

9.37am

9.37am: I never knew there was that much chalk in the world.

9.52am
 Only 1 mile to go. I think this is my favourite signpost ever.
10.00am: Check it OOOUUUTTT!!!!!
It's hot!
10.04am: I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

10.14am: Last pit-stop of the Ridgeway.

10.14am: Pitstone windmill is there somewhere.

10.25am: Come on Dad, hurry up!

10.27am
 And suddenly, there it was: Ivinghoe Beacon!
10.32am: Look at that hill behind me. Look at it!

10.47am: On top of the world!

10.48am: You can stop with the photos now, Dad.
We checked the bus times and there was one in 25 minutes' time, so we didn't hang about.  
 
 
11.44am: Just changed bus in Dunstable.

11.44: Hurry up, driver!
 Mum and both of my brothers came to meet me at the bus stop in Luton. It's good to be back!
12.25pm: Home again, home again, jiggety-jig!
 
There was a lovely surprise waiting at home. There was a giant welcome banner on the wall and Mum and Jasper had got me a trophy and a medal and a new basketball.
 
12.28pm

12.28pm
 
 Distance covered: 4.370km
 
If you have enjoyed following my adventures on the Ridgeway, PLEASE share them and encourage your friends to donate to Luton Foodbank here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=dirkwithnail


THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO SPONSORED ME!

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO SHARED!

 

THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA FOR HELPING!

 

THANK YOU AUNTY SARAH AND UNCLE KENNY FOR HELPING!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(If you think my little brother should do it next time, click here.)

1 comment:

  1. Good to follow your adventure Dirk and see you completed your challenge! Well done! Keith.

    ReplyDelete